1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

ADS-B for light aircraft owners

Discussion in 'Trip Experiences' started by Richard Wyeroski, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Well January 2020 is fast approaching and the FAA will require all aircraft to be equipped with a system to have direct contact with controllers. The minimum cost will be somewhere around 2500-8000 dollars depending on equipment installed.

Already Juliet is pretty well equipped and has a nice auto pilot. Hard to believe I own her now for 3.5 years!

I have to make a decision soon and I am leaning toward a new transponder that talks to the I-pad and up grades my existing unit to a digital one!

BTW here is Juliet's panel. Remember Juliet is a 1968 Cherokee 140 with a 180 HP engine with many modifications. The electrical system was rewired and a completely new panel installed around 2004.

image.jpeg

Everett 757 likes this.
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    This is is a different panel....so now it’s time to decide and look for the best situation.

Everett 757 likes this.