1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Acting Administrator to take over FAA

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member III

...well, at least the deputy is a pilot. We'll see if he gets the nod to stay at the top or another "great pilot" will be confirmed? We'll also see how many "retire" when the new agenda starts to be implemented.

"Drain the Swamp" and make 2018 "great for Aviation"!!

Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  3. Richard Wyeroski

......it maybe this fellow,since he is exmilitary, a former airline pilot and has a background politically.

I was against the last Administrator for his lack of any aviation experience. A Obama appointee he followed the flawed policies of the Administration.

The biggest obstacles that I see facing the new administrator is the controller shortage and the problems with next/gen.

Next/Gen has be a cash cow for retiring FAA upper management. They leave the agency with their pension and take a fat job with the very company that has gotten a 300 million dollar contract from them!

President Trump has said that he is cutting the budgets of many government agencies. The FAA is one of them.

Let's see what is ahead ?o_O

Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  4. Rotorruss

... another strike is he's a "revolving door" returner. "New blood" would clear out the "swamp creatures" who built their new empires. The agency is way too "top heavy"! Cut 50% through the "division level" and fully staff the "field"!!

It's time to get the agency back to serving and protecting the public. "Drain the Swamp" of all the "evil empire building management"!! "Safety" is job one!!

5. Richard Wyeroski

.....I am always amazed when government appoints political hacks and then they all wonder why nothing ever changes. The Trump Administration is unlike any Administration ever. I could see them axing the current management. Clean them out. It's time for change and making America great again. The FAA is no exception!

6. Richard Wyeroski

I believe the new DOT Secretary will be involved with the appointment of the new administrator also.

7. Rotorruss

... it's the only way "deep state" survives. The "pet projects" are disgusted as "mission essential" with some "back room deals" thrown in. The field no longer has "hands on" oversight. "Certification" takes forever to get accomplished.

The returners have a history of questionable decisions that put the public at risk. Policies that are still in place today. "New blood" will help clear out "evil empire building management" and put the public first in aviation safety.

It's time to give "the field" the tools and resources to do their job! DC is their to support the field, not the other way around!

"Drain the Swamp" for Safety!!

8. Rotorruss

We'll see if she will still entertain the "ATC spin off". This could be answered by March 31 with a reauthorization. Maybe by then we will have a new adminstator?!!

Lord Leighton likes this.
  9. Richard Wyeroski

Exactly Russ......It is not going to be business as usual. President Trump will not allow it. The budget cuts will get ride of many minions and bad management.....2018 will be the year the FAA changed forever!.....they can not hide any longer!......thanks

10. Rotorruss

...the acting adminstator came "back in" through the DOT. Lobbyist prognosticators think that the acting will become permanent with a nomination already have gone through once before.

Those minions around back in 2006 to 2008 are jocking for position so when the "new empire" happens, they are set. There are no advocates for GA in the "empire". Even the Safety Standards has mostly air carrier "empires".

If the ATC goes privatized, you can bet that will be the beginning of the end for GA. The carriers will get their pilots from the military and universities that will be willing to pay for the fees and equipment to fly in the airspace. The mom and pop shops will be gone along with most of the GA airports that don't have a lot of business jets.

Time will tell. Just like the flight service that went privatized, so can many parts of the agency. Restructuring, doesn't make you more efficient if you're top heavy. Time to cut the management "fat" before you have to pay it in retirement funds. Put the boots back on the ground where they belong!!

11. Richard Wyeroski

I know quite a few former FAA employees that were forced out of the agency because they wanted to do the job right. Many had false charges filed against them with minon employees lying under oath at the MSPB hearings. The so called judges were nothing more then clerks with a title. All of them had a case history of over 98% against the employee. Add in the fake AAE office under Clay Foushee and there was no justice at all.

I met Foushee back in 2011 and found him to be dishonest and not truthful. MSPB and AAE should be closed down, saving the taxpayer a few hundred million a year!

I know I will never be in Federal Service again, because of all the corruption.

The Trump Administration has these agencies in the cross hairs. I expect that 2018 will be the year of change.

12. Rotorruss

...the "head shed" would be the first place I would clear out. AAE is not being used as intended. If the next "great pilot" doesn't come from the outside, I see another "good ol boys" empire coming. I'm sure there are a few "empire builders" that are trying to establish an "insurance policy".

The "deep state" is alive and well and will try their best to disrupt any changes already laid out. NextGen, ADS-B, drones and others will be law of the land. They will also crush you if you "speak up" with your safety concerns.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the next "great pilot". I don't believe that the "reorganization" done to date has changed anything. I've seen it before and, depending on who is selected, may see it again. That are welcome to come to my Dr appointments to see what their "safety culture" has done.

"Drain the Swamp" for those who took the hit for "safety". I'd take the "deplorable whistleblowers" over "corrupt empire building management" any day!

13. Rotorruss

....I guess the AAE manager was re-appointed for another term? It was one of the last things Michael did before leaving. It looks like "deep state" is alive and well. It's time to name the "great pilot" once and for all.

Just like the masses of congresspeople retiring, it's time for the upper management to "retire" too. It's time for the "empire building" to be busted and rebuilt to the "core" directive. The "empire building" directly caused my injuries and disability.

This Friday will be the end of the first week for the acting adminstator. Maybe, it's time to write a letter. Things may change after March 31 if Congress doesn't kick the can down the road. "Drain the Swamp" and bring the agency back to the "core" directive.

14. Rotorruss

...I hear that the "biggly one" isn't in a big hurry to appoint a permanent adminstator. I guess the agency will continue down the same path. This includes the NextGen 2020 and whatever other "pet projects" the "empire" has going on.

The only good thing is that the continuing resolution keeps spending down to last year's level and no new projects. We'll see when or if any budget cuts happen. We'll see what the future brings. Won't be surprised if nothing happens to the budget or the number of people in the agency.

We'll know more after 19th with the budget and even more after March 31 with the reauthorization. Help us ol "biggly one", you're our only hope.

15. Rotorruss

With 63 days left for congress to either reauthorize or kick the can down the road, it will be interesting to see what happens. I predict another kick the can down the road.

16. Richard Wyeroski

I think the FAA will be straightened out under the Trump Administration

17. Richard Wyeroski

BTW quite a few of FAA personnel that had dick jobs are suddenly taking retirement. This says a lot of what is coming up. Yes the word is out that the big cut is coming and it's time to take the pension and go!!

18. Rotorruss

If the change doesn't happen this year, it won't happen favorably or if ever. "Deep State" won't let their pet projects die without a fight. I haven't seen many retirements. Most that I know are taking a wait and see approach. Some at the top are even waiting for 70 and 1/2 to retire. It's time to trim the top down. 2020 is now a short under 3 years away. My, time flys when you're winning!!

19. Richard Wyeroski

Another point is that there are less and less FAA Operation Inspectors that are current to the point of doing checks and tests. These duties are to be farmed out to the private sector through the Designated Pilot Examiners. DPEs.....

20. Rotorruss

...not to mention that, since the airlines are hiring again, there are less people that are applying to work for the agency. The big wigs don't want the liability for the government employees flying. The last crash has cost them over a million bucks in a hull loss and medical expenses. So, if the "biggly one" wants his agenda to progress, now is the time to act and not let the can get kicked down the road....