1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

a software problem, the FAA signed off on it!!

Discussion in 'Latest Airline Incidents' started by Richard Wyeroski, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    Okay the FAA now is being accused of signing off on a deadly software problem with the Boeing 737 Max. It seems no one in the FAA checked Boeing. They just approved the aircraft as is. No one knew the MCAS system was there!

Russ I think the finger pointing will start and a lot of people will have to be sacrificed. How could FAA circle the wagons and cover this one up. We all know this went on for years. This time there is a big difference. Yes a really big difference

346 people died.......!

>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/18/boeing-737-max-faa-certification-flaws/

2. Richard Wyeroski

..........Just found out that there is now a Grand Jury investigation into possible failure of the FAA to perform proper oversite on Boeing in approving the Type certificate CT on the Max!!! FAA upper manage may have pushed their engineers into approving the Certification to illuminate production delays.....

Should the Max have been a separate Type Certificate? The cost was a factor running into the hundreds of millions?!

3. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

Well, Seattle ACO and AEG will be in the hot seat for sure. The sacrificial lamb will be from those offices. The blame will never get up to the upper management unless congress gets involved. Of all the things going on in DC, this is one that congress needs to investigate!!

This certification practice has been going on for decades. Hopefully, the independent investigation will pinpoint the oversight failures and people will be held accountable for their inaction. This is not the first time a "wink and a nod" has been used to slide something through.

Maybe Sesame Street needs to loan their song "one of these things are not like the others" for aircraft certification!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  4. Richard Wyeroski

Yes this does and will be investigated. There are to many innocent people dead to sweep this under a rug !

5. Rotorruss

I've heard that the low level rats have already started to jump ship. My biggest fear is that the investigation won't drill down far enough to get to the root cause and those responsible will be able to retire with full benefits!!

Kevin, Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  6. Richard Wyeroski

I think The White House will get involved here. This is a big deal with too many bodies to cover it up!!!

7. Rotorruss

Since the regulator slow walked the grounding, the "biggly one" should clean house for the embarrassment they caused the country. To blame the crashes on the crew was also an embarrassment. The NTSB isn't much better. They are supposed to be the experts and they slow walked the first crash. They have also been not very successful in demanding the safety recommendations be closed out satisfactorily and timely. There is a lot of blame to go around on this one!!

Come on "biggly one", Drain the Swamp!!!

8. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Yeah, they were too worried about the diversity of new ATCs then too, right? What a cluster a few years back. Things need to be attended to like yesterday.

Kevin, Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  9. Lord Leighton

Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  10. Rotorruss

The cover up has already started. Plan on things going away quietly and a few retirements to happen. If anything, this will become a civil matter between the manufacturer, the operators and the victims. So much for the regulator's accountability!! SAD!!!

Lord Leighton likes this.
  11. Richard Wyeroski

I still don't know how they could sweep 346 deaths under the rug!

If anything the acting Administrator will have to go. The President has to appoint a permanent Administrator for the next 5 years?

Who will it be ? I hope someone that could clean out 800 Indy and get rid of the agenda do nothing bunch that are in there now!!!!:mad:

Kevin, Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  12. Rotorruss

We shall see. The last outsider Administrator was run out of DC on s trumped up DWI charge. The swamp will protect their own and their retirement account.

Kevin and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  13. Richard Wyeroski

There are definite problems with the FAA. A biggie here would be the Max was approved without the FAA checking Boeing engineering data. The reason was budget constraints and pressure to approve the airliner so production could start.

There are 5000 orders pending. That's years of productions, jobs, Jobs Jobs......Even if Airbus could get those orders, they would not be able to keep up with the demand.

The President stated airliners are to complicated to fly! Well let's take out the fly part as all airliners immediately go on auto pilot after departure. The real problem is pilot training in certain countries. When a problem occurs those pilots may not be trained properly. A red flag is the Second in command SIC only had 200 hours!

The FAA took a chance. THey dropped the ball and 346 people died.

I could also say the the G/A accident rate is not going down. The fact is almost 70% of all the G/A accidents is Take-Off's and landings. Yet FAA safety programs and pilot Certification training do not address this?...WHY???

Kevin and Rotorruss like this.
  14. Rotorruss

As more information comes, the picture will come more clear. I don't give any stock in hours in a logbook. I was injured and disabled by a 10,000 hour helicopter pilot who crashed a perfectly working helicopter.

Yes, 800 Indy needs a good cleaning. It's been that way for decades. The progressive promotion system keeps the agency from changing in a positive way. They are so far from doing their core mission, they have become irrelevant. The designee program is a joke. It's the good ol boy system.

If the "biggly one" wants aviation safety for the public, this is his chance to clean house!! Drain the Swamp!!

Kevin and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  15. Lord Leighton

Kevin likes this.
  16. Rotorruss

Well, it's getting more and more interesting!! Someone should go to jail!!

17. Rotorruss

I thought this guy did a pretty good job in explaining the issue and system. It sounds like the regulator screwed up again!!

18. Rotorruss

19. Richard Wyeroski

The FBI investigation is unpresidented. Usually the DOT/IG gets involved in FAA investigations.

In this case the FAA upper management is on the carpet. I hear ramblings like BUGET constraints prevented the FAA from fully surveiling Boeing. How about maybe the FAA should have required a new Certification. ? Instead the FAA allowed Boeing to certify the Max with a series of Supplemental Type Certificates STC's......A lot cheaper and faster way to meet certification requirements.

So why is the FBI looking into the FAA? Well.....I have seen FAA Managment first hand cover up problems in the field. I have seen first hand FAA management falsifying documents and destroying documents to hide problems. I have lived through Harassment from FAA Managment to force me to "not" do my job as a safety inspector.

The good old boy club is alive and well in the FAA. The so called revolving door of retired FAA employees helping companies get contracts and lower the cost of the Certication process.

Unfortunately for me I have witnessed first hand FAA Fraud, Waste, Abuse and criminal activity.

I have written many articles here on this situation with the FAA. I have said one day they will get caught and maybe.........just maybe justice will prevail. I have wait 16 years for justice. I am ready to contact who ever it will take to expose FAA corruption. I have letters and documents to show and prove FAA corruption.......

So it does not surprise me the the FBI is now investigating the FAA. The so called "GOLD STANDARD" oF aviation certification.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  20. Rotorruss

It doesn't appear that there is anyone willing to take action. Everyone seems to be willing to listen so they can figure out a way to cover it up or deflect it to someone else's responsibly. We all know how the IG and AAE work. The "biggly one" seems to be the only one that cares.