1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

A new FAA Administrator

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    The Presiddent has acted and appointed a new FAA Administrator and the DOT is immediately reviewing the Boeing Max Certification.........

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE
    Ex-Delta Exec Tabbed To Head FAA

[​IMG]
    Image: Delta

Former Delta Air Lines executive Steve Dickson has been nominated by President Trump to become the next FAA Administrator. Recently retired as senior VP of flight operations at Delta, Dickson will, if approved by the Senate, take over an agency whose aircraft-certification procedures are under tremendous scrutiny after the second fatal crash of the Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft less than two weeks ago.

AOPA President and CEO Mark Baker, who worked with Dickson on the NextGen Advisory Committee, said, “Steve Dickson is a solid choice to lead the FAA. His in-depth knowledge of our aviation system, keen awareness of general aviation as well as the challenges before us make him the right choice to lead the agency. I am hopeful the Senate will move to confirm Mr. Dickson as quickly as possible.”

Dickson would replace Dan Elwell, who has been Acting Administrator for 14 months after the retirement of Michael Huerta.

DOT Sec Calls For Audit Of 737 MAX Certification

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Everett 757, Kevin and Rotorruss like this.
  2. Richard Wyeroski

.......Say Russ. DO you know this fellow?

Everett 757, Kevin and Rotorruss like this.
  3. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

...he will be another do nothing to change, Administrator. He will put up with GA just like the other Administrators have been. The status quo will be alive and well with no real improvement in safety. Just as long as the air carriers are kept happy, everything will continue as the same. No draining of the swamp going to happen any time soon!!

Everett 757 and Kevin like this.
  4. Richard Wyeroski

I give up!

Everett 757 and Rotorruss like this.
  5. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

... I believe that the Administrator selectee will be similar to the current Acting Administrator. They are both from the military and both have airline backgrounds. Another strike will be that he is attorney and he had been indoctrinated by Miss Piggy. I don't see anything changing unless congress acts on the current 737 certification issue with the Congressional hearings next week. More information to follow when the rats start jumping ship with their retirements at full benefits.